Home Remedies for Vomiting
7 ways to stop nausea that work!
Pregnancy Pukeology Podcast starring Dr. PukeNoMo is perfect for all women who are pregnant or thinking about getting pregnant and want to know home remedies for vomiting that actually work, what foods will help you keep them down, and the answers to morning sickness revealed. The science behind why women puke due to morning sickness & our podcast wouldn’t be complete without a few pregnancy puke stories that will give you the comical relief you need and tips to stop the up-chuckle. Comedy + Science + Edutainment = Pukeology Podcasts in Pregnancy Episode 4 HOME REMEDIES FOR VOMITING.
Up to 80% of women experience morning sickness between their 6th to 14th week of gestation. 2% actually suffer from Hyperemesis Gravidarum where hospitalization is required. HCG Human Chorionic Gonadotropin hormone, known as the pregnancy hormones, increase exponentially as the baby grows and is also how when you pee on the stick it knowns your pregnant. Anti-nausea medications are not water soluable unlike natural solutions that what ever you don’t use just comes out in your pee. Common anti-nausea medication like Zofran only attack 1 of the 5 puke receptors in the brain. This anti-serotonergic has been found to work in the brain & in the gut but has been linked to severe birth defects especially of the unborns heart. Another commonly used medication is Reglan which helps push the food down the same way peppermint oil does. This medication is usually recommended for diabetic patients but has been linked to extrapyramidal side effects like turned neck like the exorcist, uncontrollable leg movements where your legs flap constantly up and down, and severe anxiety. I personally would rather deal with the nausea! These are just some examples of why home remedies are best.
Tips & Tricks
Millions of people suffer from nausea everyday. It is one of the most uncomfortable feelings and leaves people desperate for relief. Over the counter medicine can have lists of side effects, so it’s beneficial to find a natural alternative that works for you! Here is a list of 7 natural ways to treat nausea.
1. Apples- Because apples are so high in fiber, they can help your upset stomach. Fiber helps rid the body of chemicals that may be causing your nausea. Apple juice can help nausea as well.
2. Lemon- Lemons are also great for stopping nausea. Citrus fruits are known to help calm and cool your stomach. Sucking on a lemon, or drinking lemon juice mixed with water should stop your nausea. Additionally, lemons/lemon juice contain an array of vitamins which is beneficial to your health.
3. Ginger- People have used ginger for helping the sick for over 2000 years. Many studies have shown that ginger helps to relieve nausea and vomiting. Ginger can be taken in a variety of ways- from making tea to swallowing a capsule.
4. Crackers- Eating saltine crackers is another common way to help your upset stomach. The fiber in these starches work to absorb the gastric acid, stoping your nausea.
These are all great remedies for curing nausea. But sometimes when you're too sick you don't feel like ingesting anything, and it can actually make you feel worse because putting anything down in your mouth increases stomach acids. Women during pregnancy have an increase in acid reflux, hence the tums next to the night stand. Try out a few non-edible solutions like:
5. Peppermint Oil- Peppermint oil is one of the most common cures for nausea and vomiting. Breathing it in will create a cooling sensation and works to stop nausea instantly. Even chewing mint gum or drinking mint tea will help!
6. Acupressure- Acupressure functions by applying constant pressure to the P6 points on the human wrist. The median nerve that lies underneath that point on the wrist increases the amount of anti-nausea hormones that your body naturally produces and helps to keep it circulating for 12 to 24 hours even after the pressure has been removed.
7. Heating Pad- Using a heating pad can help your nausea in a variety of ways. The heat will serve as a distraction from nausea, and it also helps relax the muscles in your stomach. Once your stomach muscles are relaxed you should start to feel relief.
The NoMo Nausea band is a three in one patent pending combination. It’s uses fast-acting peppermint aromatherapy that people smell on the actual bands which instantly goes into the brain the fastest way stopping vomiting in seconds. The distraction technology of the cooling sensation of the peppermint oil upon the wrist helps to make people forget their sick in the first place. The band also uses acupressure on the P6 point on the wrist which we discussed earlier. You can purchase the product on amazon, and save 5% with coupon: PREGOLUV today on amazon prime or by going to nomonausea.com!