Diet For Cancer Patients with Nausea
You are what you eat, cancer fighting foods!
The best way to absorb nutrients is thru consumption. Cancer patients, especially those undergoing chemotherapy, are plagued with severe nausea and vomiting which can make eating a meal challenging. Here are some natural cancer fighting foods that make great snacks because lets face it no one wants to eat alot when they have a constant upset stomach. The NoMo Nausea Band created by an anesthesia provider was designed specifically to target the anti-nausea receptors in the brain to help distract them from getting ill prior to undergoing chemotherapy. Believe it or not but just the smell of the peppermint essential oil infused into this stylish acupressure band can instantly relax the stomach an allow for cancer patients to actually eat & potentially gain weight. The powerful combination of the NoMo Nausea Band with these cancer fighting foods is the recipe for a better quality of life.
1. Fish. Creatures of sea are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids. These oils are not only wonderful to reduce blood pressure, oil joints, but also has cancer fighting vitamin A. Herring, mackerel, & salmon are the best! Fish also contain eicosanoids which are COX-2 inflammatory fighting properties. Think of it like natures Ibuprofen/Advil. And we can not forget Vitamin D, shown to help reduce all cancers but colon, breast, and prostate cancer specifically.
2. Seeds. These fiber packed little snacks are great sources of Vitamin E to help your stomach flora and can help increase your immune system. Sunflower seeds are famous for the zinc that in them to help stop a cold/flu before it starts. Sesame seeds can actually lower blood pressure and lipids. Only 5 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds provide 20 mgs of vitamin E, which inhibits cancer cell growth.
3. Carrots & Peppers. Carotenoids not only give these vegetables their beautiful color but are high in beta-carotene. High levels in the blood are great for the eyes but they are an excellent source of Vitamin C. Vitamin C, like peppermint, has been linked to helping decrease nausea with smell so sniff your oranges and eat your peppers often.
4. Mushrooms. These fungi's can actually boost your immune system. A little olive oil & lemon juice and you have a delicacy that is not only tasty but the lemon helps to reduce active upset (unless you have severe acid reflux, then you want to stay away from any acidic erosive foods like lemons or tomatoes).
5. Tomatoes. You want to consume 25 to 40 mg of lycopene, the active ingredient in tomatoes. Harvard proved that at this daily consumption it reduced prostate cancer symptoms by 40%!
6. Garlic. Cancer & vampires beware, 1-2 cloves of garlic per day will ward them both off! Allicin, the active ingredient in garlic, helps to stop blood flow to tumors. It is a great anti-microbial also so soak some garlic in water and pour it over wounds.
7. Milk. Milk does the body good and helps strengthen bones because it is a great source of calcium. Patients who experience bone pain, fatigue, unintended weight loss, broken bone, etc should consider the possibility of having bone cancer. Bone cancer is an uncommon cancer. It can begin in any bone in the body, but it most commonly affects the long bones of the arms and legs. Several types of bone cancers exist, affecting mostly adults. The cause of bone cancer is unclear but the treatment for bone cancer includes surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, or a combination of treatments so it is extremely important to strengthen brittle bones and I can not think of a better way then with milk.
A better quality of life is right around the corner at your nearest grocery store & a click away from instant relief.