"Nurse is just another word to describe a person strong enough to tolerate everything and soft enough to understand everyone!" As a doctor, I know firsthand the essential role that nurses play in providing excellent patient care. That's why I'm taking this opportunity during National Nurses Month of May to honor the incredible work that nurses do every day. I even compiled the best national nurses week discounts for nurses week 2023.
When is Nurses Week 2023?
As National Nurses Week 2023 approaches, it’s time to celebrate the invaluable contributions of our healthcare heroes. This year, National Nurses Week is being celebrated from May 6th to May 12th, and it's the perfect time to show appreciation for the hard work and dedication of nurses around the country.
When is National Nurses Day?
Technically, National Nurses Day is Saturday May 6th and International Nurses Day is Friday May 12th. I think everyday should be nurses day because they do so much for healthcare & patient care.
Shout out to my #perioperative nurses who put #NoMoNausea bands on their patients so they don't have post surgery nausea and vomiting, #PACU nurses who tell their patients to smell their #NoMoBand so they don't ruin your cute tennis shoes 🤮, L&D nurses who bring life into the world & give their patients a #NoMo bracelet before 80% of them get sick while delivering, and #nursenavigators in #oncology that help care for these patients during cancer and chemotherapy by recommending our anti-nausea wristband so they can eat once again.
Funny Nursing Jokes only Nurses will love
So to all the nurses out there, I want to say thank you from your bestie! (because all nurses have a best friend named PAM... LorazePAM, DiazePAM, and ClonazePAM 😂, if you didn't get it you’re not in the medical field so keep scrolling.) Here's a little gift for you from #NoMoNausea 50% off with code FRIDAY50 at NoMoNausea .com hurry the month is ending. Use this time to SHARE & thank your favorite #RN, #LPN, #BSN, #CNOR, #ARNP!
National Nurses Week Discounts
As a way to say thank you, many businesses and organizations are offering discounts and freebies to nurses during National Nurses Week. In this blog post, we’ll take a look at some of the national discounts available to nurses.
- NoMo Bands (NoMo Nausea, NoMo Migraine, NoMo Sleepless Nights, NoMo Nausea Dog) are on sale at 50% off for all nurses during National Nurses Month by using the code: FRIDAY50 at www.NoMoNausea.com
- Chipotle Chipotle is offering a buy-one-get-one-free deal for nurses on May 6th. Just show your nurse ID or other proof of employment to get the discount.
- Cinnabon Cinnabon is offering a free classic roll, MiniBon or BonBites to nurses during National Nurses Week. To claim the freebie, nurses just need to show their healthcare ID badge.
- Crocs Crocs is offering a free pair of shoes to healthcare workers, including nurses, while supplies last. Just visit their website to request a pair.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Dunkin’ Donuts is offering a free medium hot or iced coffee to nurses and healthcare workers on May 6th. Just show your healthcare ID badge to claim the offer.
- Hooters Hooters is offering a 10% discount to nurses and healthcare workers during National Nurses Week. Just show your healthcare ID badge to get the discount.
- Marriott Hotels Marriott Hotels is offering a 25% discount on hotel stays for nurses and healthcare workers through December 31st, 2023. Just use the code HL1 when booking your stay.
- Nike Nike is offering a 20% discount to healthcare workers, including nurses, until the end of 2023. To claim the discount, visit Nike’s website and verify your eligibility.
- Outback Steakhouse Outback Steakhouse is offering a 10% discount to nurses and healthcare workers all year long. Just show your healthcare ID badge to get the discount.
- Puma Puma is offering a 20% discount to nurses and healthcare workers. Just visit Puma’s website and verify your eligibility to claim the discount.
- Starbucks Starbucks is offering a free tall brewed coffee to nurses and healthcare workers on May 6th. Just show your healthcare ID badge to claim the offer.
- Target Target is offering a 10% discount to nurses and healthcare workers all year long. Just visit Target’s website and verify your eligibility to claim the discount.
- The North Face The North Face is offering a 50% discount to healthcare workers, including nurses, until the end of 2023. To claim the discount, visit The North Face’s website and verify your eligibility.
Free stuff for nurses during Nurses Week
These are just a few of the many discounts available to nurses and healthcare workers during National Nurses Week. Remember to show your appreciation for the hard work and dedication of our healthcare heroes during this special week.
Nurses are the backbone of the healthcare industry, and they are often the first line of defense in caring for patients. They bring a unique perspective and skill set to the medical team, and their dedication and compassion make a tremendous difference in the lives of their patients.
From administering medications to monitoring vital signs, from providing emotional support to educating patients and their families, nurses are involved in every aspect of patient care. They are true healthcare heroes, and I am constantly inspired by their unwavering commitment to their patients.
What are the different types of nurses?
There are several different types of nurses, each with their own unique roles and responsibilities. Here are some of the most common types of nurses and what they can do:
What is a Registered Nurse? Is a Registered Nurse an RN?
Registered Nurses (RNs): These are nurses who have completed a nursing program and have passed a national licensing exam. RNs can perform a wide range of duties, including administering medications, providing patient care, and educating patients and their families about medical conditions and treatments.
What is an LPN?
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs): LPNs typically have completed a one-year nursing program and have passed a licensing exam. They work under the supervision of RNs and physicians and can perform tasks such as taking vital signs, administering medications, and providing basic patient care.
What is a Nurse Practitioner?
Nurse Practitioners (NPs): NPs are advanced practice registered nurses who have completed a master's or doctoral degree program in nursing. They can diagnose and treat common medical conditions, prescribe medications, and provide patient education and counseling.
What is a CRNA?
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs): CRNAs are specialized nurses who administer anesthesia during surgery or other medical procedures. They work under the supervision of anesthesiologists and can also provide pain management services.
What is a Clinical Nurse Specialist?
Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs): CNSs are advanced practice registered nurses who specialize in a particular area of healthcare, such as critical care or oncology. They provide expert care, education, and consultation to patients, families, and other healthcare providers.
- Nurse Educators: Nurse educators work in academic settings, teaching and mentoring future nurses. They also develop and implement educational programs for practicing nurses and other healthcare professionals.
These are just a few examples of the different types of nurses and the roles they can play in healthcare. Each type of nurse brings a unique set of skills and expertise to the healthcare team, and they all work together to provide high-quality patient care.
List of Nursing Associations we love
Thank you for your hard work, your dedication, and your compassion. You are truly making a difference in the world, and I am honored to work alongside you in #telehealth thru Intellidoc & these amazing #nursing organizations: ANA Nursing, AACN American Association of Critical-Care Nurses, ENA (Emergency Nurses Association) National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN) National Student Nurses' Association, CNOR Nurses
Appreciation gifts for nurses
There are many thoughtful and meaningful appreciation gifts that you can give to nurses to show your gratitude for their hard work and dedication. Here are some ideas:
What are some nurse appreciation gift ideas?
- Gift cards: Consider giving a gift card to a coffee shop, restaurant, or retail store that the nurse likes. This allows them to treat themselves to something special outside of work.
- Personalized items: Personalized items such as a mug, tote bag, or badge reel with the nurse's name or initials can be a thoughtful and practical gift.
- Massage or spa gift certificates: Nurses work long and often physically demanding shifts. A gift certificate for a massage or spa treatment can help them relax and unwind.
- Snack baskets: Fill a basket with healthy snacks, energy bars, and other treats that the nurse can enjoy during their shift.
- Scrub caps or compression socks: These items can be practical and fun gifts for nurses who wear scrubs on a regular basis.
- Thank you notes or cards: A simple yet heartfelt note or card expressing your gratitude can mean a lot to a nurse.
- Personalized stethoscope: A personalized stethoscope can be a unique and special gift for a nurse who uses it every day.
Remember, the most important thing is to show your appreciation and support for the hard work that nurses do every day. Any gesture, big or small, can make a difference in their day and remind them that their work is valued and appreciated.
Let's all take a moment during National Nurses Month to recognize and celebrate the amazing contributions that nurses make to our healthcare system and to our communities. Together, let's continue to support and uplift these healthcare heroes, because not all heroes wear capes but scrubs instead.