Clothes and Outfit Ideas for your next MSC Cruise
Clothes and Outfit Ideas for your next MSC Cruise
Cruises are the NEW summer beach vacations! This is the fastest growing sector of the vacation industry, and MSC Cruise Line is ready to send you on the cruise of your dreams. From Bermuda cruises to European cruises, you’re bound to have an adventure; and don’t worry they have some pretty nice cruise deals too. So, cruise line…check. Location…check. But cute outfits and cruise attire? Not to worry! Read on to find out what to pack, so your next cruise is one to remember!
Ready, Set, Pack!
Cruises are the perfect time to relax and enjoy all the activities they have on board. And trust me, there is no shortage of those. But, you have to be ready with some cute outfits to make to most of your time on MSC cruise ships. After all, no one likes forgetting things at home, or should I say… ashore.
What to expect on a cruise:
After NoMo Nausea’s CEO and inventor, Jaqueline Darna, went on an MSC cruise, we are happy to share what an incredible experience it was! The MSC cruise ships are beautiful. It has 6 pools, 3 waterslides, a zipline, a sports complex, a bowling alley, an arcade, and so much more. What’s great is that credit cards can be linked to the wristbands all vacationers wear so whether you’re in the arcade or shopping you don’t have to worry about carrying money! However, that does mean kids have an all access pass to Mom and Dad’s bank account. Dr. Darna warns others about this after finding a $500 arcade bill racked up by her 8 year old.
For all these fun daily activities, you definitely want some casual and active clothing. But, night activities call for a slightly different attire. There are nightly shows on the MSC cruise ships with show times at 6:45pm, 8:00pm, and 9:15pm. Depending on when you want to eat dinner and how much time you want to change, may influence which show you go to. Dr. Darna liked going to the 6:45pm show and then having dinner afterward around 7:30pm. At 10:30pm is when the real nighttime activities began. Depending on the party theme, different activities, bands and options were available. But most of them included drinks, food, dancing and music! Check out the sample itinerary below to see what themes Dr. Darna experienced and get the perfect outfit ideas depends for each nightly theme.
Now that you know what goes on during these increasingly popular cruises, it’s time for a packing list!
MSC Cruise Line Packing List
- 3 or 4 Bathing Suits
- You don’t always want to be walking around in just a bathing suit.
- This is super important!! Read my other blog: How to Cool Down in the Summer Heat Wavefor more ways to stay cool and healthy in the sun!
- Casual clothes
- Don’t forget you’ll be walking around at different ports and there may be a few hours where you’re not in the pool…maybe :) .
- Tennis shoes
- Again, you’ll be walking around, plus there’s a nice gym!
- Flip Flops or Sandals
- Perfect for going to the pool or walking around the ship
- THEME NIGHT OUTFITS!
- Be sure to look up just what special party themes are coming your way and pack accordingly. Get ideas from the sample itinerary from Dr. Darna’s trip below!
- Also, an additional formal outfit is recommended just in case you want to do the specialty dining.
- Think about packing 2 outfits per day
- You’ll want something to wear for breakfast, then you’ll likely be in your bathing suit, and then you’ll want your night time outfit.
- NoMo Nausea Band
- All your theme night cute outfits and fashion choices are bound to match a NoMo Nausea band! Go with a discreet nude for formal night or popping purple for 70s night. But the best part is: it takes away any nausea or seasickness that could arise. Plus, it’s waterproof and uses acupressure and aromatherapy making it all natural. Spend your time on the dance floor, not in the bathroom!
- You can find the NoMo Nausea Band at Bed Bath & Beyond, BuyBuy Baby, Amazon, walmart.com, and right here at NoMoNausea.com.
- This $12 investment can SAVE your entire vacation. Plus, it doesn’t hurt to have them, just in case.
- NoMo Nausea Kids Band
- Just like normal NoMo Nausea Bands but sized perfectly for KIDS! Just go to your local CVS.
- Dr. Darna thought for sure her kids were going to suffer from seasickness but the NoMo Nausea Kids Band worked for both of them, even when a tropical storm caused big waves.
Day 1: Leaving Port— LATIN NIGHT
Think “Havana Nights” complete with Latin music and attire. Mujeres (Ladies), wear those off the shoulder sundresses, and remember, the redder the better. Hombres (Guys), break out button down guerreras. Bonus points for Miami style Latin hats! Latin Night was hosted inside, in the atrium, making heels the perfect finishing touch. And not to worry, if Latin night isn’t your thing, check out the DJ on the pool deck.
Day 2: At Sea— Gatsby Party Roaring 20s
Flappers and mobsters, it’s your time to shine. For this, basically, any elegant dress is suggested. Women, with sparkly headpieces and fringe dresses, you’ll rock the 1920s. Men, you can’t go wrong with black hats with suspenders. Classic never looked so good. The Gatsby Party was hosted in the indoor Haven Lounge with a band. It’s not as big as the atrium but the party makes up for it.
Day 3: At Sea— Country
Calling all cowboys and cowgirls! Boots, hats, jeans, and bandanas are a must for ALL. Country music was playing in the Haven Lounge until karaoke took over.
Day 4: Port St Marteen— the 70s
This is the day to go groovy. Flowers, psychedelic colors, long hair or afros, small Beatles like sunglasses, peace signs, and anything else you want to bring back.
Day 5: At Sea— White Night
This is the BIGGEST party on the seas! Located outside on the pool deck, you’ll want your all-white party outfit to be short or breezy because it gets really hot. ..................................................................... Day 6: Port Puerto Rico— Formal Night Although you only have until 3:30pm to explore Puerto Rico, you have plenty of time to get fancy for formal night. There was a lot of variation in this theme night attire. Some women had ball gowns, others had floor dresses, and others were in cocktail attire. Some men were wearing tuxedos, others a shirt and tie, and others boat shoes and a bowtie. This is the night for pictures, so fish out your favorite formal outfit from your closet and enjoy a nice dinner.
Day 7: Bahamas— Pirate
Make your last day aboard a great one “matey”! You can go all out and look like Captain Hook or go for the simple white and black stripes with red bandanas and boots. Dr. Darna brought along her pirate costumes from Gasparilla (this is a huge annual Pirate Parade held in Tampa, FL) which were a perfect fit. And of course, if you’re looking for an easy costume, drawing an eye patch with black eyeliner does the trick.
Now that you know what to expect, what to pack and have cute outfit ideas, go get ready for your next cruise! And don’t forget your NoMo Nausea Band for all your theme night outfits.